Dec 14, 2011 Job Postings
BuzzFeed is seeking an ambitious, motivated individual to help develop, manage, and grow our network of publisher partners. You will be responsible for identifying and vetting new publisher partners, working closely with partners to monitor and optimize performance, negotiating contracts, and managing cross-functional initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you should have a strong understanding of online media, publishing and technology, be active/interested in all things social, and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. You will also need to be able to think strategically about complex issues, make thoughtful recommendations, and deliver actionable plans that drive our partnership strategy.
- Qualify all inbound opportunities, identify/acquire new partners, and expand/grow existing partner relationships.
- Manage inbound and outbound communication with current partners and prospects
- Analyze partner metrics to identify trends and issues, develop recommendations on improving performance and profitability, and identify new opportunities for growth
- Actively collect publisher feedback, and work cross-functionally within BuzzFeed to inform and prioritize product development
- Explore, analyze and structure strategic business opportunities that align with BuzzFeed’s strategic and long-term vision
- Negotiate business terms and work with legal to finalize contracts
- 1-3 years of business development and/or partner management experience, preferably with business planning experience in online and/or technology environments.
- Solid working knowledge of the digital publishing ecosystem with an existing rolodex of potential partners
- A successful track record in executing and managing multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional and complex projects.
- Comfortable structuring, negotiating and managing the legal contracts.
- Ability to meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Advanced Excel skills (i.e. pivot tables) a plus.
- A BS/BA is required; MBA or equivalent degree is a plus.
BuzzFeed is a new kind of media company for the social world. Our technology powers the viral distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. Our site is a rapidly growing hub for viral media that reaches over 20 million monthly unique visitors and our viral media network reaches an additional 250M.
BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards “social advertising” that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces viral lift, or “earned media.”
BuzzFeed’s industry leading technology and unique social distribution engine is used by top brands such as GE, Kraft, and Coca Cola to go beyond banners, turbo charging their social advertising and branded content initiatives.
Jonah Peretti, founder & CEO of BuzzFeed, previously co-founded the Huffington Post and is a graduate of the MIT Media Lab.
BuzzFeed is backed by: Softbank, Hearst, RRE, Lerer Ventures, SV Angel and Founder Collective
Dec 5, 2011 news stories
Ari on the new AppNexus AppExchange. With him, Michael, and Patrick S there, they have a mini-reunion 24/7.