Jun 13, 2010 Job Postings
Pretty cool looking opportunity passed along to me.. let’s make this one viral, it looks interesting!
Vice President of Network Development/Management
NYC or Cambridge, MA
Jumptap is hiring a Vice President of Network Development, the revenue optimization arm of our fastest growing mobile advertising business unit. The position will row Jumptap’s existing publisher and app partners’ revenue through analysis to identify new business opportunities. This is a great opportunity to contribute to the top-line growth of one of the fastest growing companies in mobile advertising.
In this role, you’ll work with publishers and apps to package, price and maintain the Jumptap Ad Network footprint. Inventory development & management efforts are directly responsible for identifying and selling-in optimization opportunities to increase overall partner revenue. As a key interface with our publisher & carrier partners, you’ll be expected to grow revenue from an initial baseline through secondary sales efforts coupled with analysis to support your recommendations. Candidate must be focused, energetic and be able to quickly produce tangible results. The role will not be responsible for bringing in new customers; instead, he/she must be able to quickly and creatively identify incremental revenue opportunities across the Jumptap network.
Candidate must have strong communication skills, and be comfortable and confident enough to communicate effectively with top executives. The candidate must have prior managerial experience in inventory management and optimization, as well as have a proven ability to increase revenue across a publisher or online advertising network. Experience in the online media/contextual and behavioral advertising or publisher network is required. Position is based in NYC or Boston and moderate travel is anticipated.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze the network inventory; premium & performance publishers, self service, rich media, etc.
- Identify new business opportunities with existing partners
- Conceive, structuring and implementing revenue-generating ideas
- Maintain the network characteristics to best present inventory to advertisers
- Close the loop between inventory performance and pricing
- Liaise between ad sales and business development by indentifying trends and needs
- Meet or exceed monthly/quarterly targets
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred
- 7-to-10 years experience in Managing a publisher or ad network
- Proven track record of exceeding goals
- Strong understanding of the online advertising industry
- Ability to consult with and up sell to tier one publishers
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally
- Well organized and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Project and deadline driven
- Team and goal oriented
- Comfortable working autonomously
- Proactive, driven, and looking for a fast-paced challenging environment
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong business acumen and professionalism, excellent presentation skills with solid communication
- skills both verbal and written
- Excellent customer focus and attention to detail
If interested, please contact-