May 25, 2010 Job Postings
I like posting job openings, feels like a good community service and good validation that the ex-Clicker community is full of strong talent.. People now reach out with openings for promotion, so why not?! Dave Frankland just pinged me with some cool openings over at Forrester. I’d like a free account Dave for this post, but will probably post it anyway 😉
May 24, 2010 Competition
Kathryn Koegel may not know what the hell the LOST finale was all about.. or how to calculate pi to the 10th decimal point, but advertising — she knows a thing or two about that. And wastes no time telling Herr Jobs how little he knows with their iAd creation.
Well said Kathryn.. Apple’s attempts to own and control all facets of their closed ecosystem (with heavy doses of lock-in!) are just horrifying.
May 20, 2010 clicker updates
Lots of folks (and opinions about mobile)..
So Kevin Ryan tells the WSJ that mobile isn’t all that…
but other former clickers beg to differ. Jeff Montgomery is CRO at Placecast, a location-triggered SMS company, Lynn Tornabene is CMO at mobile ad network Quattro Wireless which was purchased by Apple (take that market cap, Kevin), Aaron Mittman is head of sales at mobile rich media company Medialets. Kathryn Koegel is all over the place consulting for mobile companies and is now a contributor for Advertising Age. Her tome explaining mobile to the rest of us is at:
Free sample at: http://www.primaryimpact.com/adagemobile.html
May 13, 2010 Job Postings
VP Product Management & Strategy – New York, NY
In this position, you will have an opportunity to leverage your Product Management and strategy expertise in creating an end-to-end advertising platform that enables local business to get new business from the internet and track and measure the return on investment for the ad-spending.
In this highly visible role, you will be spearheading the development of a new Online Product. You will work with senior leadership to develop the product strategy and roadmap, define business requirements, features and functionality, set timelines and lead a cross-functional team through development and implementation.
• Define product strategy, quarterly roadmap and milestones
• Manage a team of product managers to define business requirements and features
• Lead cross-functional team in overall project management, release planning and agile product development process
• Lead customer research
Product Marketing & Strategy
• Discover, understand and validate market problems
• Define market opportunity and competitive differentiators
• Build pricing models
• Work with Sales and B2B marketing on sales positioning
• Analyze product profitability
• Assess buy/build/partner decisions
• 4-8 years experience with online product management/development roles in internet media or ecommerce
• Proven track record of product leadership and success
• Significant experience working with usability and user interface designers and front-end developers
• Excellent data analysis skills
• Excellent writing, organizational and communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and communicate results to management
• Ability to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines
• Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint
• People management experience preferred but not required
• Knowledge of online advertising is a plus
• Superior intellectual acumen
Compensation What we offer to you:
• An opportunity to further enhance your skills and refine your talent
• Competitive base
• Attractive Stock Option Plan
• Health/Dental benefits, 401 (K) plan
• Great work environment – we have fun!
• Accessible and open-minded leadership
• Opportunity to work with smart people and learn a lot about one of the fastest growing industries
May 13, 2010 Job Postings
May 12, 2010 Job Postings
PubMatic, with more than its share of ex-Clickers (Rutty and Roach come to mind), is hiring some interesting roles.. Those interested can go here and apply..
Director of Publisher Services – Palo Alto, CA or New York, NY
Location: Palo Alto, CA or New York, NY
This is a critical role managing the strategic publisher managers who own the day to day relationship with PubMatic’s premier publisher clients. The job has management oversight of the day to day account teams and a strategic focus on developing the processes to scale the PubMatic organization.
Responsibilities include managing the team (or the team members in the geography you are based), driving to fruition all day to day delivery for the publisher clients, driving the analysis and tracking of key metrics to identify trends and highlight issues, managing client monetization (managing the overall quarterly Publisher Revenue target), leading cross-functional teams in driving new business opportunities, and handling resolution of business issues with clients. This role partners with our Strategic Account Director role in the sales group to ensure our customers are happy & growing, and requires somebody who is proactive and organized with strong, relevant experience.
• Manage to a revenue target for our publisher clients
• Directly manage an account management team owning day to day publisher delivery
• Set the tone for all internal customer touch points by building a strong cross functional team framework
• Support and drive continual improvement in the business processes to scale
• Create and manage strong, long lasting relationships on the operational level of customers
• BA/BS or equivalent; advanced degree a plus.
• A minimum of 10 years previous work experience including stints in ad operations and account management
• People management experience
• Technical knowledge with the ability to understand the systems & process to drive better efficiencies
• Project management experience and ability to handle multiple time-sensitive projects
• Proven ability to think strategically while being tactical
• Basic understanding of web serving technologies, & online display ad revenue models & jargon
• 20% travel required